Current Research Interests of the HCPO
- Investigations into the Hopi Language Assessment Survey and discussions of related Hopi Language issues
- Funding questions related to the Hopi Language Assessment Survey
- Research on cultural affiliation issues at Hopi
- Research on the proposed Navajo amendment to the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) regarding claims to shared cultural affiliation to Puebloan cultures
- Linguistic research on connections among Hopi, Mesoamerican, and South American cultural groups
- Petroglyph interpretations and the possible links among Hopi, Meosamerican, and South American groups
It should be noted that these are not the only research interests of the HCPO and that proposed research need not be limited to these categories. One important principle to consider in all research proposals is reciprocity. This theme is explained in the HCPO Policy and Research section of our site, under the heading, Intent and Benefit to the Hopi Tribe.